September is Hunger Action Month across the country. As a member of Feeding America‘s nationwide network of food banks, we’re asking you to support Second Harvest Heartland and those we serve by taking action to raise awareness about the problem of hunger in our service area.
With more than 600,000 people in Minnesota and western Wisconsin at risk of missing a meal on any given day, it’s more important now than ever before to help.
No action is too small when it comes to ending hunger!
Double Down Challenge will Double Your Impact
Help us hit our goal of 10,000 volunteer hours during the month of September. Every hour you volunteer for Second Harvest Heartland will be matched with a $5 donation from Bremer Bank, up to a total of $50,000! That’s enough to provide 185,000 meals to our neighbors in need! Learn how you can take action at 2harvest.org/ham.
September 5th is National Hunger Action Day. Show your support by wearing orange on the 5th, and all month long.
- Virtually: dedicate your Facebook and Twitter to hunger awareness for the month. Check out our Facebook page for ideas.
- Physically: Light your home or workplace orange.
- Take: the SNAP challenge and live on the average daily SNAP benefit of $4.50 a day.
- Learn: the facts about Hunger in Minnesota and share it with friends.
- Display: our “30 Ways in 30 Days” calendar at work, in your home, and throughout your community.
- Host: a Food & Fund Drive.
- Volunteer: for a three-hour shift to feed a family of four for a week, or take a look at our featured volunteer opportunities to see how you can make an even deeper impact in one of our hungry neighbor’s lives.
There are many ways for you to get involved this September; we hope you won’t choose just one. For more information on ways to fight hunger in September, visit 2harvest.org/ham.